Thursday, March 15, 2012

Meeting in Person

Febrauary 25, we met Robin for the first time in person.  I was extremely nervous but as soon as I saw her and we started talking all the butterflies in my stomach went away.  She brought Demi a horse toy and Daxton a lizard toy to play with while we were having lunch.  She also had a picture book to share where she lives on the ranch, some of her family/friends and of course her animals.  My family and I really enjoyed seeing the pictures.  Demi and Dax already feel very involved in this journey, just from the small toys, the picture book and Robin paying attention to them.  They are very excited about me doing this and talk about Robin all the time.  This is just the beginning and I can already tell this journey is going to be much different than the previous one.  Not just for me but also for my family.  We had a long lunch but it was great!  We got to ask any questions to one another and share stories back and forth.  It really felt good to sit face to face and talk about how excited we were about this journey.  Robin lives in Texas and plans to be very involved with this pregnancy.  Our next step is for me to have a medical screening done so they can let me know when I can start my meds.  Doing the meds is actually the hardest thing for me through this whole surrogacy adventure.  It's just for a short period of time so I just have to put my "big girl panties" on and do it.  It is well worth it in the end. 
I will keep yall posted, more to come....
  

1 comment:

  1. First meetings are so exciting...wishing you well on your journey :-)

    ReplyDelete