Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Medical Screening

I want to start off by saying I have the best intended mother ever.  Robin is so sweet.  She called me last night to wish me luck and let me know she would be thinking of me at my appointment today.

I finally got the pleasure to meet Dr. Kathy (IVF Dr) today.  We started off my talking about all my previous pregnancies.  Since I carried my two children full term and carried the twins pre-term, she recommended transferring one embryo instead of two.  There is still a small chance the embryo could split into two and become twins.  I have carried one and I have carried two, either way it doesn't really matter to me because I enjoyed both pregnanies.  Although I would have to admit, carrying the twins was a little more challenging for me.  My goal is to carry a healthy baby to full term because I was very disappointed when my water broke with the twins at 33 weeks.  After visiting with the Dr. and her staff, off to do the medical screening.  She did an internal sonogram where she looked at all my "goods" then I had a hysteroscopy procedure done right after.  She said everything looked perfect and she would call Robin with the results.  From my experience with this IVF stuff, you never get out of the office without getting poked by a needle.  So with that being said, I had blood work done before I left.

So where do we go from here, you ask?
We have to get all the legal stuff handled and then I will start my wonderful shots to get my body ready for the transfer.  It will not be too much longer and Robin will be expecting her very first baby.  Yea!  I am so excited to be able to share this amazing adventure with her.  As Demi would put it, "I am very thankful my mom is sharing her tummy with Robin"  LOL, she is a funny girl!

All in all, everything went great.  We are continuing to move forward in the journey and that much closer to helping Robin's dream of having a family come true :)

More to come, I will keep yall posted

2 comments:

  1. I am a nurse at FWP and my friend Chanda, referred me to your blog. (she says you once worked there as well!)
    I am excited to follow your journey, because I feel like I have a calling to serogate one day, if my husband will ever see this the way I do.

    Good luck in your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these updates! I am so glad my auntie robin is getting the baby she has prayed for so long from the perfect surrogate! Will be praying for a great and healthy road for all of you involved! Hugs

    ReplyDelete